|Did this site save
(or help earn) you money?
Say thanks with a
TWI Designjet Documents library presented here as a courtesy of
The owners of this website have no affiliation to Hewlett Packard nor do we
claim to represent HP
in any way shape or form.
to TWI Documents Library Index Page
In this document:
Document number: BPP90159
Last Updated: 31-Jul-2003
Minimum skill level: 2
System error 11:11 is generated when the
trailing cable is not properly seated in either the electronic module or the
assembly. Causes of this error can include a poorly connected cable, damage to the
cable, or a fault in the carriage assembly or the electronics
module. Use the steps listed in this document to accurately determine the cause of the failure and replace the appropriate parts.
Contact center agents (troubleshooting to be performed with customer)
The steps below are designed to achieve remote resolution of the issue. If the troubleshooting steps below appear to resolve the issue, attempt to verify printer functionality by printing several internal prints. If the issue persists following the steps below, generate a CSO for service.
- Turn the printer off, then on to verify error (if no error occurs attempt to verify functionality as instructed below).
- If the error continues, unload all media and turn the printer off.
- Allow 30 seconds, and turn the printer on.
- Following initialization, use the Arrow keys to scroll to the Set-up menu (icon of printer in lower-right corner of the front panel display) and press Enter.
- Press the Up Arrow key and the Enter key simultaneously to enter the service menu.
- Scroll to Service utilities and press Enter.
- Scroll to Unlock CARRIAGE and press Enter.
- Turn the printer off.
- Open the top cover window and manually move the carriage to the middle of the printer.
- Unlatch the printhead cover, remove all the
printheads, and re-latch the cover.
- Close the top cover window.
- Turn the printer on and re-install the
printheads as instructed by the front panel.
- Attempt to verify printer functionality (instructions below).
- If the problem persists, generate a CSO for service (send all required parts as listed below).
Parts required (part numbers are subject to change)
If any of the troubleshooting steps listed below solve the problem, attempt to verify functionality. If functionality is verified, no additional parts should be replaced.
WARNING: To prevent possible injury, always remove the power cable from the back of the printer before connecting/disconnecting any internal printer cables or performing any repairs.
- Check the
trailing cable connections (refer to pages 8-40 of the Service Manual).
NOTE: In order to properly check and connect the
trailing cable connection to the Electronics module
(EMOD), the EMOD must be removed from the printer and rotated approximately 45 degrees away from the printer to gain easy access to the cable connections.
- Re-connect the
trailing cable to the
carriage and electronics module and attempt to verify functionality. If the problem persists or no problems are found, continue with the remaining steps.
- Replace the
trailing cable (refer to pages 8-78, 8-40 of the Service Manual).
- Following replacement, turn the printer on and attempt to verify functionality (instructions below).
- If the problem persists, replace the electronics module (refer to pages 8-24 of the Service Manual).
- Following replacement, verify functionality as described below.
Verifying printer functionality
- Turn the printer on.
- Allow initialization to complete.
- Load media into the printer.
- From the main front-panel menu, select the Ink menu and press Enter.
- Select Troubleshooting and press Enter.
- Follow the instructions on the front panel.
- Following a successful troubleshooting plot, printer functionality has been verified.
Copyright Hewlett-Packard Co. 2001
This information is subject to change without notice and
is provided "as is" with no warranty.
Hewlett-Packard shall not be liable for any direct,
indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages
in connection with the use of this material.
to TWI Documents Library Index Page
Big on OEM New, Remanufactured and Compatible Ink, Ribbons and toners for
Printers, Plotters and Postage Machines