|Did this site save
(or help earn) you money?
Say thanks with a
TWI Designjet Documents library presented here as a courtesy of
The owners of this website have no affiliation to Hewlett Packard nor do we
claim to represent HP
in any way shape or form.
to TWI Documents Library Index Page
In this document:
Document number: BPP90158
Last Updated: 13-Aug-2003
Minimum skill level: 2
System error 02:10 is generated when the printer has detected a fault in the
assembly. This error usually appears when a print job has been sent to the printer. Causes of this error can include the
cable, carriage or the electronics
module. Follow the steps listed below to determine the actual cause of the error and to replace the necessary parts.
Contact center agents (troubleshooting to be performed with customer)
The steps below are designed to achieve remote resolution of the issue. If the troubleshooting steps below appear to resolve the issue, attempt to verify printer functionality by printing several internal prints. If the issue persists following the steps below, generate a CSO for service.
- Turn the printer off, then on to verify the error (if no error occurs, attempt to verify functionality).
- If the error appears or problems persist, continue with the remaining steps.
- Unlock the
carriage from the Service Station by following the steps directly below:
- Using the Arrow keys highlight the Set-Up menu (icon in lower-right corner of display) and press the Enter key.
- Press the Up Arrow key and the Enter key simultaneously.
- Scroll to Service Utilities and press Enter.
- Scroll to Unlock Carriage and press Enter.
- Unplug the printer from the power source.
- Manually move the carriage assembly out from the
service station area and check for obstructions (remove as needed).
- If an obstruction is found and removed, plug the power cord in, turn the printer on and attempt to verify functionality.
- If no obstruction was found and/or the problem persists, generate a CSO for service (send all required parts as listed below).
Parts required (part numbers are subject to change)
If any of the troubleshooting steps listed below solve the problem, attempt to verify functionality. If functionality is verified, no additional parts should be replaced.
WARNING: To prevent possible injury, always remove the power cable from the back of the printer before connecting/disconnecting any internal printer cables or performing any repairs.
- Visually check for carriage obstructions and remove as needed. Ensure the carriage can move before continuing.
NOTE: If you are unable to release the carriage (using Steps 3 and 4 from the section listed above), remove the right end-cover and locate the main service station gear (lowest of the three white gears below the service
station) and rotate it counter clockwise approximately four revolutions. The carriage assembly should now be free from the
- Turn the printer off, then on and attempt to verify functionality.
- If the problem persists, check the
trailing cable connections (refer to pages 8-40 of the Service Manual).
NOTE: In order to properly check and connect the trailing cable connection to the
(EMOD), the EMOD must be removed from the printer and rotated approximately 45 degrees away from the printer to gain easy access to the cable connections.
- Re-connect the
trailing cable to the carriage and the electronics module and attempt to verify functionality. If the problem persists or no problems are found, continue with the remaining steps.
- Replace the carriage assembly and the trailing cable (refer to pages 8-78 and 8-40 of the Service Manual).
- Following replacement, turn the printer on and attempt to verify functionality (instructions below).
- If the problem persists, replace the
electronics module (refer to pages 8-24 of the Service Manual).
- Following replacement, verify functionality as described below.
Verifying printer functionality
- Turn the printer on.
- Allow initialization to complete.
- Load media into the printer.
- From the main front-panel menu, select the Ink menu and press Enter.
- Select Troubleshooting and press Enter.
- Follow the instructions on the front panel.
- Following a successful troubleshooting plot, printer functionality has been verified.
Copyright Hewlett-Packard Co. 2001
This information is subject to change without notice and
is provided "as is" with no warranty.
Hewlett-Packard shall not be liable for any direct,
indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages
in connection with the use of this material.
to TWI Documents Library Index Page
Big on OEM New, Remanufactured and Compatible Ink, Ribbons and toners for
Printers, Plotters and Postage Machines