|Did this site save
(or help earn) you money?
Say thanks with a
TWI Designjet Documents library presented here as a courtesy of
The owners of this website have no affiliation to Hewlett Packard nor do we
claim to represent HP
in any way shape or form.
to TWI Documents Library Index Page
HP Designjet 5000 and 5500 Series Printers - TWI: System Error 0B0009
In this document:
KRS document number: BPP90141
Last Updated: 04-Dec-2002
Minimum skill level: 2
The printer is unable to detect the Aerosol fan located in the right end cover. Follow the steps listed below to determine the actual cause of the error and to replace the necessary parts.
Parts required (part numbers are subject to change)
HP Designjet 5000 series models - C6090A/V, C6091A/V, C6095A/V, C6096A/V
HP Designjet 5500 series models - Q1251A/V, Q1252A/V, Q1253A/V, Q1254A/V
Right end cover (Required)
HDD controller (Required)
Main PCA (Required)
NOTE: If Removal and Installation instructions are needed for reference during any repairs performed, refer to the 5000 and 5500 Series Service Manual available on the Partner Care Web site for review or download.
If parts are replaced or fixed in any of the steps listed below, attempt to verify printer functionality by turning the printer on and printing internal test prints. If functionality is verified, no additional parts should be replaced.
- Turn the printer off, using the main power switch located on the back of the printer.
- After 10-15 seconds, turn the main power switch on.
- If no error appears, attempt to verify printer functionality.
- If the error re-appears, continue with the remaining steps.
- Turn the printer off and ensure the Aerosol fan is connected correctly to the Main PCA (refer to pages 8-10 of the service manual). If the fan is reconnected, turn the printer on and attempt to verify functionality. If problems persist, continue with the remaining steps.
WARNING: To prevent possible injury, always remove the power cable from the back of the printer before connecting/disconnecting any internal printer cables or performing any repairs.
- Turn the printer off and disconnect the Aerosol fan from the Main PCA.
- Connect the new Aerosol fan to the Main PCA and turn the printer on.
- If no error appears with the new Aerosol fan connected, replace the right end cover assembly (refer to pages 8-10 of the service manual).
- Following replacement, attempt to verify functionality.
- If the error re-appears with the new Aerosol fan or the problem persists, replace the Main PCA and the HDD controller (which connects to the new Main PCA). Refer to pages 8-81, 8-85 of the service manual.
- Following replacement, turn the printer on and perform the Backup EEROM Service Utility (instructions below).
- Turn the printer off, then on, and verify functionality.
Backup EEROM service utility
- Turn the printer on.
- When the "READY" message is displayed on the front panel, scroll to the Printer Setup Options icon and press the ENTER key.
- Using the Arrow keys, scroll to Utilities and press ENTER.
- Press the Up Arrow key and the ENTER key simultaneously.
- Select Service Utilities and press ENTER.
- Scroll to 1.6 Backup EEROM and press ENTER.
- Select the part replaced (Main PCA) and press ENTER.
- A message confirming the selection will appear, press ENTER to confirm (if the wrong part is selected, press BACK to cancel).
- The printer will perform the backup and display the message, "Backup performed correctly."
- Press the BACK key to return to the previous menu.
- Press the BACK key again to return to the Service Utilities menu.
- Turn the printer off then on and verify functionality.
Copyright Hewlett-Packard Co. 2001
This information is subject to change without notice and
is provided "as is" with no warranty.
Hewlett-Packard shall not be liable for any direct,
indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages
in connection with the use of this material.
Big on OEM New, Remanufactured and Compatible Ink, Ribbons and toners for
Printers, Plotters and Postage Machines