|Did this site save
(or help earn) you money?
Say thanks with a
TWI Designjet Documents library presented here as a courtesy of
The owners of this website have no affiliation to Hewlett Packard nor do we
claim to represent HP
in any way shape or form.
to TWI Documents Library Index Page
HP Designjet 300 Series Printers - Noise Along the Carriage Path
In this document:
KRS document number: BPP90091
Last updated: 23 Aug, 2001
Minimum skill level: 2
Noise can usually be attributed to one of two things, the rubbing of two surfaces together due to lack of lubrication or a moving object hitting a stationary object. A few examples could be a dirty or dry slider rod, damage to carriage belt, or debris in the back guide. Use the steps listed in this document to accurately determine the cause of the failure and replace the appropriate parts.
Parts required (part numbers are subject to change)
NOTE: If Removal and Installation instructions are needed for reference during any repairs performed, refer to the 300 Series Service Manual available on the Partner Care website for review or download.
If parts are replaced or fixed in any of the steps listed below, attempt to verify printer functionality by turning the printer on and printing internal test prints. If functionality is verified, no additional parts should be replaced.
- Turn the printer off and open the top cover.
- Visually inspect the Carriage wheel guide at the back of the Carriage.
- Use a clean, lint-free cloth to clean any aluminum, dust, or ink particles from the rear wheel and guide track.
WARNING: Be careful when working around the Encoder strip as the edges are very sharp and can cause injury.
inspect the Carriage belt for
cracks, fraying, or general wear. Replace Carriage belt as needed (refer to pages 6-39 of the 300 Series Service Manual).
- Using a lint-free cloth, wipe all foreign materials from the Carriage slider rod.
- Apply two or three drops of lubricant to clean lint-free cloth and wipe the top and back of the slider rod. Ensure the entire length of rod is covered (move the Carriage and Cutter as needed).
- Manually move the Cutter and Carriage assemblies along the slider rod to lubricate the bushings. Move each assembly left and right three to four times.
NOTE: If the Y-axis motor does not allow Carriage to move freely, replace the Y-axis motor (refer to pages 6-21 of the 300 Series Service Manual). Following replacement, perform an Accuracy calibration (listed below) and attempt to verify functionality.
- Using a lint-free cloth dampened with water, wipe the Encoder strip from the left end to the right end. Move the Carriage and Cutter assemblies as needed, to reach the ends of the strip. Replace the Encoder strip if damaged (refer to pages 6-17 of the 300 Series Service Manual).
- Place the Cutter and Carriage assemblies back to their respective home positions (Carriage - far left, Cutter - far right).
- If no problems are noticed in the above steps, load paper and attempt to verify functionality.
- If the noise persists, lubricate the Carriage slider rod again (Steps 1-7).
- If the noise continues, replace the Carriage and Trailing cable (refer to pages 6- of the 300 Series Service Manual).
- Following replacement, perform and Accuracy calibration (listed below) and verify functionality.
- Place a sheet of polyester film over the top of the printer for approximately 10 minutes to let it stabilize to the environmental conditions. Use a sheet of approximately D-size (24 x 36 in, 61 x 91 cms). Roll media may also be used. When using polyester film, load it with the matte (dull) side down.
NOTE: If a polyester or matte film is not available use HP Coated media when performing an Accuracy calibration.
- Turn the printer off.
- Press and hold in the PRINT QUALITY key and turn the printer on (entering Service Mode 2).
- Set the Media Type on the front panel to Film.
- Load the film with the matte (dull) side down, in portrait orientation.
- When the Ready LED lights up, press the ACCURACY CALIBRATION key.
NOTE: The Ready LED will begin to flash. Allow several minutes for the printer to complete the calibration print.
- The printer will eject the sheet, and the Load Media LED will light up.
- Unload the sheet from the printer.
- Wait until the ink on the sheet is dry.
- Reload the sheet facedown into the printer in the direction indicated by the arrows on the calibration plot.
NOTE: The Ready LED will begin to flash. The printer takes less than one minute to read the calibration sheet, calculate the calibration data, and save the data in the EEROM.
- Unload the sheet from the printer.
- The Accuracy calibration is now complete.
- Verify printer functionality.
Copyright Hewlett-Packard Co. 2001
This information is subject to change without notice and
is provided "as is" with no warranty.
Hewlett-Packard shall not be liable for any direct,
indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages
in connection with the use of this material.
Big on OEM New, Remanufactured and Compatible Ink, Ribbons and toners for
Printers, Plotters and Postage Machines